Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Prague here I come

It's a long time since I was as excited about a course I'm attending, but this one is just a wee bit special. I am a proud member of Mirandanet an organisation for fellow ICT professionals in education.

It is the 10th anniversary of this august group and in honour of this we are having a conference and workshop session in the beautiful city of Prague. This is a city I have longed to visit and I still can't quite believe that this time tomorrow I'll be there.

The conference is entitled "Towards personalised learning: implementing the philosophy - A CPD event examining the role of ICT in building partnership projects" and I look forward to sharing thoughts and opinions with the other delegates.

One aspect of the conference is to forge links between UK schools and those from the Czech Republic and we will be visiting some Czech schools as part of the conference. Here's the itinerary.

I would like to thank Oracle for providing me with a stipend to allow me to attend this conference. Whilst there I shall be their 'ambassador' and will be waxing lyrical about the way that their brilliant Think.com personalised learning space is perfectly suited to our project aims. Thanks to Christopher Binns and Caroline Hook at Oracle for granting me the stipend, thanks to Christina Preston for promoting my case for attending and thanks to the indomitable Dr John Cuthell for organising me over the past few weeks.

I hope to bring a host of ideas back to my school for ways in which our students can collaborate with Czech students.

Look out for further posts about this exciting event.

No comments: